So, I’m currently in a stressed mood because a huge daddy long legs just fell from my ceiling and has wriggled it’s way into my sleeping bag for my trip to Uganda and now I’m on edge because there is no way I am going near it… Why me!?
On other news however, I am proud to announce that next year at Bournemouth University I will be the Overseas Co-Ordinator for SUBU RAG (Students Union Bournemouth University Raising And Giving)! I am super excited and it’ll mean that I’ll be working with a lot more charities to make a difference in the world – which of course I’ll keep you all updated on – and also have the opportunity to make a few more friends among the alumni at the uni!
I am so excited!
Now, today’s post I wanted to orientate around relaxation! I can tell you now that I understand how hard it can be to relax when you have kids to pick up from school, work to do at home, cleaning, catching up with friends, making sure you leave enough time to work on that masterpiece that will be your debut in a few years time, however, sometimes we just need to chill don’t we?
I know as much as the next person that a day out at a spa with candles and a nice long Swedish massage is literally all I need, however, when you’re lacking money, this isn’t so easy! Today, I want to share with you my spa at home step by step plan, so you can have an amazing time at home on a budget!
The best way to enjoy this plan is in your own at home, but you can do it with your friends if you’d prefer!
Disclaimer: Some of these steps will need to be done a couple of days before you begin your spa at home, so bare that in mind!
How To Drink Milk’s Spa At Home:
What You Will Need:
- Rose petals (about 5 roses worth)
- Sour cream
- Cucumber slices
- Olive oil
- Relaxing spa playlist
- Lavendar Sprigs
- Body lotion
Step By Step…
- A couple of days before you begin the spa, pour some water into a bowl (about 2/3s) and place your rose petals inside it. Let this sit for the evening in the bowl and then pour into a bottle and put in your fridge ready for your spa night!
- On the day of your spa at home, lay some towels on your bathroom floor and put on a bath robe. Wear your jammies or underwear underneath as you’re doing this to relax remember!
- Light a few candles and put on your relaxing spa playlist (there are plenty of good ones on YouTube for free!)
- Take the olive oil and rub a little through your hair (avoid putting it on your roots as this makes your hair greasy). Wrap your oiled hair up in a towel and leave for an hour.
- Meanwhile, make your guacamole face mask! Chop up your avocado finely and mix this with a perfect ratio of sour cream and mix together until thick. Rub this on your face (avoiding eyes) and place two cucumbers on your eyelids and relax for fifteen minutes.
- When fifteen minutes has passed, head to the bathroom and rub off the facemask until clean and throw the cucumber slices.
- Head to the kitchen now, and collect your rose water mix you made the days before and a couple of cotton face pads (you can get lots of these from Primark for about £1!) and rub the rose water on your face. Allow it to settle for 5-10 minutes. This will leave your skin glowing and fresh!
- Take some more olive oil and rub some gently into your legs and thighs. This may feel strange but it will make your skin soft and shiny too!
- Once finished, it should be time to let your hair out and hop in the bath! (If you do not have a bath, a shower can work just as well!) Undo your hair wrap and remove your bathrobe.
- Sprinkle your lavender sprigs into the bath water. Pour some bath crème or salts or anything you have into the water, and hop in. Feel free to switch the main light off and just relax with the candles around you and make sure you wash out the oil thoroughly from your hair and body.
- When finished, get out and make sure you’re completely dry and put your bath robe back on.
- Sit down and rub your whole body with lotion and wait for it to dry, this will leave you smelling fresh and feeling soft. You could also use an exfoliator to rub an excess lotion off as this will kill dead skin.
- After this, you have completed your at home spa and should be ready for a nice sleep!
Now, there are plenty of other ways to have fun with your at-home spa, and just because that is my plan, it doesn’t mean that has to be yours! If you’re a girl who loves makeup and nail varnish, then treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure, if you’re a drinker, enjoy a nice large glass of wine with your hot bath! At-home spas are so fun and easy and I designed the one above in the hope that most of the equipment would be easily available from most homes so that you guys could easily develop it and make it your own!
I would love to see what you guys get up to with the plan if any of you try it out so do let me know! Tomorrow or soon thereafter I will make sure to do a branch-off spa tip sheet about manicures and pedicures and how to do these at home too instead of forking out at your local nail salon!
Have an amazing day milklets!