Ways to Jazz Up Your Old Wardrobe!
Posted on June 14, 2018
Those of you who follow the blog Instagram will have seen that I posted a photo of an old pair of Converse I have that I jazzed up with some jewels I got in the Topshop sale! It was a good and easy way to spice up an old pair of shoes and manage to fall in love with them again!
I have decided that something I want to do this summer is jazz up some of my old clothes and items and do this pretty easily. I wanted to share a few of the ways I intend to do this with you guys today! If you have any other great ideas please comment them below!
- Pearls! – This year denim jackets are back in and more embellished than ever with embroidery smothered over the backs and slogans everywhere. One other trend was pearls. A great way to use them would be on the front pockets of denim jackets and stitch them in or sewing them onto a pair of jeans that you own near the ankles, this would look especially good on boyfriend jeans.
2. Paint! – On denim once again, take a stencil of your choice that you have made or even draw freehand if you’re good at art! Take the time to paint over the stencil onto the denim and make a cool design! For a more 90s look splatter the denim with the paint. I like a running print such as white love hearts symmetrically running down the leg of a pair of black jeans. You could do anything!
3. CDs – This might sound like a little bit of a bizarre one but it’s fun! Boil some old CDs you no longer want and then but them up into triangles. Paint and glaze them a colour if you wish but they already have a great monochrome tone to them that is very beautiful. Use fabric glue to arrange these onto the collar of a shirt and it will glam it up for sure!
4. Felt – If you have an old long sleeved shirt, then you can cut out a heart shape (or any shape you prefer) from a piece of felt and stick it onto the elbow. Iron it into place and you can wear your heart on your sleeve!
5. Sharpies! – If you have an old pair of vans or converse that you want but they look rubbish, use some Sharpies to draw some cute designs on them!
If you have any other cool ideas then please comment them below because I would love to know too! Also if there is any posts you’d like me to write then please contact me!